- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- 1 cup chopped red / green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 jar of tomato sauce (2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- salt / pepper to taste
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice – I like basmati
In large pot or dutch oven, brown ground meat and onion over medium-high heat. Add peppers and garlic. Reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, marjoram and seasonings. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Serve in bowls and top with about 1/2 cup of brown rice. Enjoy.
I fed 4 people with 1/2 of this recipe and froze the other half. Great to have in the freezer for a cold day!