- 1 medium vidalia onion – chopped
- 1 head of cabbage – shredded (I buy it already washed and shredded at Trader Joe’s for 1.69!)
- 1/4 cup of real butter (or more…if you like butter!)
- 8oz package of egg noodles (or larger if you need to feed a larger family)
- 1 package of pre-cooked chicken sausage (available at Trader Joe’s, Wegmans, Whole Foods)
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare pasta according to directions and while that is boiling, saute the onions for about 4-5 minutes in the butter and and then throw in the cabbage and stir – until wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked sausage (just long enough to heat it up, you don’t want to overcook it and dry it out – did this once before.) Add in cooked pasta and stir. Add more pepper if needed. Voila. Done. Yum.
Remember, butter (from grassfed cows especially) is healthy and provides necessary healthy fats, don’t be scared of it!
Serve with sliced sourdough bread or a salad.