- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour (I used spelt but you could try whole wheat)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (I used walnuts & almonds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter; melted*
- 1/3 cup coconut oil; melted*
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Melt honey, butter, and coconut oil on stove over low heat while combining all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mixing well. Once honey, butter and oil are melted, pour over dry ingredients and stir well. Butter 9×13 pan and pour mixture into it and press down firmly with spatula. By pressing down, you will help prevent it from being too crumbly. Bake for 28-30 minutes. I baked mine for 28 minutes and they get crunchier as they cool. The edges should begin to brown but not overly. If over baked, it will be really, really crumbly (but will still taste good!)
One thing to note is that you can modify this recipe very easily. You could change out the raisins for shredded coconut or dried cranberries. You could throw in some sunflower seeds or chia seeds. Very, very customizable. Have fun with it and let me know your favorite combination!
* You can use 2/3 cup of coconut oil rather than butter and coconut oil. I use this occasionally and I have found that it holds the granola bars together nicely.