Now, I have to be honest. I never really use fabric softener. I never saw the need. However, when I saw that someone had used white vinegar…I was intrigued. It is cheap and easy! I have used this several times – in cold water – with success!! Once the clothing is dry (I used a dryer for most of my clothing,) there is no vinegar smell remaining! I just smell fresh and clean! I also use my own homemade laundry detergent which doesn’t lend much fragrance and I like it that way. I used my homemade laundry detergent and the vinegar and I believe the vinegar aided in odor reduction and I believe my clothing comes out even fresher than without it. I have 2 boys and their socks can get NASTY!!!! I literally took a previously nasty sock out of the dryer and put it to my nose and took a deep breath in and…. it was so fresh smelling! No remnants of vinegar or stinky sweat. Pretty neat. I have continued to use vinegar for the past week or so with every load and I have been pleased every time. Don’t be alarmed if it smells coming out of the washer, the vinegar smell will be gone once it dried. I want to try adding essential oils to the vinegar to get a slightly flowery smell to my clothing but my boys don’t really want that….and are happy just smelling fresh! Have you tried this before?
Just an ordinary mom helping you make informed decisions for the health and wellness of you and your family. Providing simple recipes using whole ingredients. Giving tips and ideas on living well in your home – as chemical free as possible. Let’s go on this journey of whole foods – whole living TOGETHER!
- almond appetizer apples avocado Banana bananas brownies butter cabbage noodles dinner caramel chia seeds chicken chocolate chocolate syrup cilantro coconut milk coconut oil cookies Corn Dinner do-it-yourself easy dinner easy meal easy treats egg egg salad entertaining fabric softener fruit fudge gluten free good fats grain free granola bars Grass fed greek yogurt healthy healthy treats High Fructose Corn Syrup honey labels laundry laundry detergent Life maple syrup molasses cookies muffins muscovado sugar Pasta peanut butter pennsylvania dutch pineapples popcorn raw honey raw milk salad salsa simple smoothie smoothies soup soybean oil spelt flour strawberry sucanat tomatoes Trader Joes vinegar whole wheat flour
- @maddie__brooke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 3 months ago
- RT @maddie__brooke: It's #nationalpennsylvaniaday and in honor I would like to post our state flag https://t.co/1iPAaFCve8 3 months ago
- If you don't do anything else today: Live Loved. - piccsy.com/post/view/7031… #RECITE #QUOTE 1 year ago
- #weekendsrock https://t.co/Z8jvW9BYj8 1 year ago
- The mind feasts on what it focuses on. What consumes my thinking makes or breaks my identity @LysaTerKeurst #truthbomb 1 year ago