This has to be one of the easiest side salads ever! I love this because it is so simple yet tastes so good. The taste of this is pure summer. I know we are still in spring, technically, but I don’t care. I am making hamburgers for dinner tonight (from local grassfed ground beef) and this side salad is the perfect complement. Did I mention how pretty it is? The ingredients can vary in amounts based on personal preference and the oils / vinegars used can be swapped as well. I have seen people make it with balsamic, apple cider, or just plain white vinegar. I happened to have white balsamic vinegar that I like so I used it.
- 1 large organic tomato; sliced
- 1 medium organic vidalia onion; sliced
- 1 medium organic cucumber; sliced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of vinegar (I used white balsamic but you can use whatever you like)
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tsp of honey (if desired)
Mix all together in large bowl. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to develop.
This is a great picnic food as well! You can also switch out the sweet onion for a red onion to add a different dimension of taste. Enjoy!