Having friends over is supposed to be FUN! However, I have a tendency to stress about the little things that take the FUN out of it before it even starts. I stress about how the house looks, how clean the bathrooms are, are the dust bunnies in hibernation or hopping about. You know exactly what I mean. Be honest. That being said, once my friends arrive, it makes all the “running around like a maniac” worth it. Well, I, and my husband, and my boys, are tired of the maniac that I become. I have really tried, recently, to take a more laid back approach. I am not always successful, but thankfully, I have a very loving and understanding husband. One thing that tends to overwhelm me is the food that I am going to serve. Even the simple task of light snacks or appetizers. I struggle between making it healthy, making it easy, making it look nice, making it from scratch, and making sure it doesn’t conflict with any known or unknown likes, dislikes and allergies. Now you see why this can be difficult?? I know I place undue stress on myself, as I have been told numerous times. So, I have decided that a really great way to serve a light snack or appetizer can involve something so simple I should have thought of it years ago. FRUIT! Good, old, reliable FRUIT! I know, fruit seems somewhat boring but it doesn’t have to be! I picked up a nice, ripe pineapple and some organic apples (they are on top of the dirty dozen list (http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-214.) I cut them up and placed them in a pretty dish and VOILA! A healthy, yet sweet, non-allergenic snack! I will serve this with a “homemade” fruit dip consisting of greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon. Problem solved. This is so versatile, as well, because depending on the time of year, different fruits are “in season.” I can’t wait until berries are in season! What are some easy entertaining foods that you rely on?
Just an ordinary mom helping you make informed decisions for the health and wellness of you and your family. Providing simple recipes using whole ingredients. Giving tips and ideas on living well in your home – as chemical free as possible. Let’s go on this journey of whole foods – whole living TOGETHER!
- almond appetizer apples avocado Banana bananas brownies butter cabbage noodles dinner caramel chia seeds chicken chocolate chocolate syrup cilantro coconut milk coconut oil cookies Corn Dinner do-it-yourself easy dinner easy meal easy treats egg egg salad entertaining fabric softener fruit fudge gluten free good fats grain free granola bars Grass fed greek yogurt healthy healthy treats High Fructose Corn Syrup honey labels laundry laundry detergent Life maple syrup molasses cookies muffins muscovado sugar Pasta peanut butter pennsylvania dutch pineapples popcorn raw honey raw milk salad salsa simple smoothie smoothies soup soybean oil spelt flour strawberry sucanat tomatoes Trader Joes vinegar whole wheat flour
- @maddie__brooke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 3 months ago
- RT @maddie__brooke: It's #nationalpennsylvaniaday and in honor I would like to post our state flag https://t.co/1iPAaFCve8 3 months ago
- If you don't do anything else today: Live Loved. - piccsy.com/post/view/7031… #RECITE #QUOTE 1 year ago
- #weekendsrock https://t.co/Z8jvW9BYj8 1 year ago
- The mind feasts on what it focuses on. What consumes my thinking makes or breaks my identity @LysaTerKeurst #truthbomb 1 year ago