I never get tired of new smoothie combinations. And I never get tired of chocolate. Or peanut butter. For those reasons alone, I love this smoothie! The great thing about smoothies is that the measurements do not have to be exact and substitutions can made based on personal preferences. For example, you could replace peanut butter with sunflower seed butter (SunButter.) Have fun with this! Eating whole, healthy foods can be delicious! This smoothie provides protein, calcium, probiotics, potassium, flavonoids, and a refreshing taste! Your kids will love this one, too!
- 1 frozen banana, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of milk (I use raw, whole milk)
- 1/4 cup of plain kefir or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon natural, no sugar-added peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (high quality)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (I use raw, local honey)
- 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips
Blend and enjoy!!!